HELLER solutions at Bitzer
Identical, high level standards
With 3,400 employees, the BITZER Group of Companies is the world's largest manufacturer of refrigerant compressors. Changing over to HELLER machining centres presented a major challenge for our Maintenance department.
- high availability and quality standards without optional upgrades
- manufacturing on demand
- immediate, reliable service following scheduled shutdowns
- fast and reliable service
- previous machines replaced within a short time and without prolonged production downtime
Project scope & solution
- two H 6000 4-axis machining centres
- chain-type magazine for 150 tools and function enabling up to 35 kg of tool weight.
- availability of over 95%
- technology leap with machining speeds
- no tool change failures due to position or weight
- good accessibility for setting the workpieces
Head of Manufacturing and Production Engineering at Bitzer
"For batch sizes of up to 3 components, the machining centres have to perform reliably as soon as they are switched on, even after scheduled shutdowns. But neither availability nor the required precision presented a major challenge to the H 6000."