HELLER solutions at Georges Pernoud
Individual manufacture of cast workpieces economically and precisely automated
The French mould and die manufacturer Georges Pernoud SA based in Oyonnax uses industrial machining processes to produce individual parts and therefore opted for the HELLER 5-axis machining centre model MCH 350-C. By now, the company has made a name for itself in the industry with high precision and extremely short delivery times.
- fast and economic production of single workpieces
- high machine running times for optimised productivity
- high machine availability
- high degree of automation
- complete machining in 5 axes
- horizontal machining of pockets with a high chip volume
Project scope & solution
- HELLER MCH 350-C 5-axis machining centre
- machine configured for optimised processes, individually adapted to the requirements in injection moulding and die casting
- tool magazine for 234 tools with tool cleaning device
- laser control module for wear and tool break monitoring
- rotary pallet magazine with six pockets
- 3D check of workpiece conformity with gripper arm for high precision
- 24-hour production of complex single workpieces and mould frames
- economic and precise automated production
- increased competitiveness with new machining options: full machining of complex die casting moulds, as well as large and complex single workpieces
- high precision and extremely short delivery times
Responsible for the control process at Georges Pernoud
"Indeed, HELLER has often demonstrated in the past mastery of series production. "HELLER's MCH 350-C, however, also shows that it is possible to machine single workpieces, different on each pallet, economically and precisely in continuous operation."
Head of Mechanical Manufacturing at Komax
"If you have to deal with 30 pallets containing, at times, up to 50 different clamping points per clamping cube, you need the right tools in the magazine to avoid having to constantly change the tool sets. Our tool count currently stands at 409. Comparable or smaller machines simply do not achieve capacities such as these."
Managing Director at Franz Haas Waffelmaschinen
"HELLER has exceeded our expectations. Everything went well, the machines run extremely reliably and our throughput times have also measurably reduced."
Managing Director at H.P. Kaysser
"Our experience with HELLER, including Service, has been nothing but positive. We speak the same language, so there was simply no reason to change supplier. The entire team has now identified with the HELLER machining centres – because they deliver what HELLER promises!"
Head of Manufacturing and Production Engineering at Bitzer
"For batch sizes of up to 3 components, the machining centres have to perform reliably as soon as they are switched on, even after scheduled shutdowns. But neither availability nor the required precision presented a major challenge to the H 6000."
Head of Production at Engel Austria
"We consider quality to be fundamental. The tolerances for our core components are between two and three hundredths of a millimetre. That's why we made the conscious decision to go for HELLER machines, which are renowned for their stability."
Project Manager at Fette Compacting
"Key contributors to these massive savings are fewer setups thanks to the 5th axis and higher achievable cutting parameters. On the other hand, however, it was the overall package, including the automation system and new tool technologies, that was able to optimise the processes in this way".
Sales & Services
Do you have questions about our products and services? Please get in touch with us, we are here for you! Benefit from our global HELLER network with knowledgeable sales and service contacts located in your region.
Find your nearest personal contact.
No results could be found.
The HELLER Newsletter provides you with information about all current topics concerning our company, our products and services as well as upcoming trade shows and events. Register now to make sure you never miss any news from the HELLER Group!